We are looking for a new member of staff to join our team as an apprentice so they can extend their skills and knowledge of EYFS whilst gaining experience within a nursery setting. You will engage with the children at all times and encourage learning through play coming up with their own ideas to keep children entertained.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To engage with the children at all times and encourage learning through play coming up with their own ideas to keep children entertained.
- You will also be responsible for assisting the children with feeding, nappy changes and toilet training and ensuring they remain in a safe environment at all times.
- To maintain a safe and secure and hygienic environment for children.
- To support the staff team with children’s developmental records within a key worker system.
- To work within a team and maintain good communication.
- To follow nursery policies and procedures and comply with Local Authority Regulations.
- Follow the EYFS Statutory Framework
- To maintain the nursery environment, carrying out delegated tasks as may be deemed necessary for the efficient running of the nursery and ensuring a safe, secure and hygienic environment at all times.
- Ensure good time keeping, smart appearance, personal hygiene and good work practices.
- To maintain good relationships with parents/carers on all matters relating to the nursery.
- To ensure the nursery building is secure at all times.
- To work within the hours the nursery operates as deemed necessary to ensure adequate staff-to-children ratios are maintained.
- To respect confidentiality regarding the nursery at all times.
- Work positively within the team structure and be included in staff duty rotas.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end of the apprenticeship, you will hold an L3 Early Years Educator qualification together with a Level 3 award in Paediatric First Aid. You will also obtain a level 2 Functional skills (grade 4 / C) within both maths and English.
The apprenticeship does not include any day release to college as all observations will take place within the setting and professional discussions will be held face to face and via teams with a dedicated tutor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of gaining a full-time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years (Grade Pass) Essential
About the employer
EDUCATION AND SKILLS TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.