Chef Apprentice - Cirencester GL7 THE APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING AGENCY LTD
If you have a passion for food, a desire to grow your career and a willingness to learn from an award-winning team. The Relish Group are looking for a Burger Chef to join their award winning team. No experience necessary as we will teach you everything. Duties include actively learn and develop your food preparation and cooking skills.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
14 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
If you are keen to start a career in food and would like to be part of a really great team of professionals, we’ll teach you all the skills you will need for you to thrive whilst working in a creative and exciting environment.
As an Apprentice at the beginning of your career in food preparation and design, you will quickly become part of our team and you will be developed and encouraged to learn all aspects of our business. Part of the Relish Group there is scope to move within the field and progress into learning all aspects of culinary cuisine.
As an Apprentice Burger Chef, you will:
· Actively learn and develop your food preparation and cooking skills
· Complete an Apprenticeship Standard whilst working and being developed in a dynamic business
· Be encouraged to become involved in menu design and presentation, identifying future food trends and supporting the high service values of the business
· Learn about the importance of effective food costing and the management of ingredients to deliver fabulous dishes from excellent locally produced produce
· Engage in all aspects of Health and Safety required and essential to the restaurant sector
As a business we care about all our team and we run friendly, welcoming and positive kitchens with the highest of standards in all aspects of food preparation and presentation. We encourage and support the full participation of all members of our team in the business and encourage everyone in the business to always strive to be the best that we can be.
If you are eager to get started in one of the most exciting and rewarding careers with one of the best restaurant groups in Gloucestershire and are looking for a job that will provide you with an excellent package of training, development and opportunity please contact us and together we will move your career forward.
37 hours per week between as per rota
Mainly working with the Cocktail bar of Somewhere Else but will be required to move to various sites around the Relish Group in Cirencester, this is open 7 days per week you will be required to work some weekends.
- Excellent Communication skills to enable effective dialogue with all colleagues
- Self-Motivated with a commitment to deliver to given targets and deadlines
- An understanding that Kitchens are a busy work environment and as such understand you will need to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Good Oral, Written and numeracy skills
- Good level of attention to detail
- A genuine interest in quality ingredients and food preparation
- An eagerness to learn new skills and techniques required to create exciting menus
- A commitment to complete a Level 2 Chef Apprenticeship in conjunction to undertaking the role of Apprentice Chef Enthusiastic, with a commitment to develop your own skills and knowledge in the creation, preparation, and provision of food preparation
- An ability to learn quickly and apply flair and innovation to menu development and food presentation
- Respectful manner and able to gain respect from colleagues and customers
- Dedicated team-player, who strives for excellence and leads by example
- Tactful and discreet in all aspects of work
- Reliable and an understanding of the importance of good time keeping
- Positive and approachable manner
- A Team player with the desire to work in partnership with colleagues in the business
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard
- Delivered within the workplace, Training will take place via Zoom meetings, Face to face with the Tutor visiting your workplace, Assessments and End point assessment
- Functional skills will be undertaken as part of this apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Good long term career prospects and room to develop and grow within the business
- Chef/responsible for running own restaurant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LEARNING CURVE GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.