To meet customers’ requirements and present as the “professional” in customer support to both internal and external customers and suppliers for the safe and efficient transport of cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including health and safety.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
05 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
After an initial training period of 6 months, the successful applicant will be embedded with other DSV staff at customer premises in Hammersmith. Travel to and from these will be reimbursed.
Some of the key tasks of a customer service specialist:
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers and suppliers
- Receive jobs, review for accuracy and allocate to service providers
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas, including customs declarations
- Validate shipment routing against operating procedures and guidelines (exports) Confirm departure (exports)
- Arrange collection of supplies, delivery to customer (imports) and monitor proof of delivery
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures and within statutory requirements, including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via face-to-face, emails, telephone, etc.) with internal and external suppliers and other offices, as required by operational procedures
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or delivery to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements
- Proactive support of customer service teams
- Liaise with external suppliers to monitor job progress
- Irregularity handling and escalation as appropriate to higher level (team leader or manager)
- Earn whilst you learn - you will receive a salary and receive training and guidance from experienced professionals in the industry whilst completing an industry recognised apprenticeship
- Become part of a company that invests in you. If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This apprenticeship will be delivered in the workplace. You will have a dedicated assessor who will provide guidance and monitor progress throughout.
You will have access to an online portfolio to allow you to monitor your progress and log work completed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SR APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
Customer service specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.