International Logistics Administrator Apprentice DSV Road Limited
To learn and understand the key elements of Freight Forwarding and Ocean Product within DSV. Using the knowledge gained from your industry recognised apprenticeship and your practical working experience gained, you will use this to become an accomplished Freight Forwarder and become an integral part of DSV’s operation and journey forward.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of the Key Tasks of an Ocean Product Freight Forwarder:
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Communication with required network and carrier partners
Coordination of problem-solving and supporting escalations when required
- Working closely with the DSV FCL transport team in monitoring performance
- Working as part of the FCL/LCL product team delivering key information to the business and ensuring all communication platforms are kept up to date
- Checking shipping line quote platforms for market developments to measure impact and monitor trends
- Support uploading of tariffs into DSV Pricing Tools
- Monitoring fuel prices and impact on tariffs
- General administrative duties and issuing quotations where necessary
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (Excel/Word/Outlook)
Earn whilst you learn - you will receive a competitive salary and receive training and guidance from experienced professionals in the industry whilst completing an industry recognised apprenticeship.
Become part of a company that invests in you. If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Completion of the professional accounting or tax technician apprenticeship may lead to the candidate receiving credits towards the completion of the Professional accountant or tax apprenticeship or chartered Accountancy or taxation qualifications provided by the relevant professional bodies
- Completion of the professional accounting or tax technician apprenticeship may also result in credits being awarded towards relevant undergraduate degree programmes
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SR APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.