International Logistics Administrator Apprentice DSV Road Limited
To learn and understand the key elements of Freight Forwarding within DSV, such as communication with partners, managing documentation and maintaining high standards of customer service, using the knowledge gained from your industry-recognised apprenticeship and your practical working experience gained.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
Annual wage £13,650.00 - £17,290.00
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Nov 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To learn and understand the key elements of Freight Forwarding within DSV
- Using the knowledge gained from your industry-recognised apprenticeship and your practical working experience gained, you will use this to become an accomplished Freight Forwarder and become an integral part of DSV’s operation and journey forward
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Accepting and processing import/export along with Cross Trade bookings
- Communication to required network and carrier partners
- Checking and issuing all associated documentation such as, master bills, house bills of lading and import & export customs compliance
- Monitoring international air freight shipments from booking acceptance, liaising with network offices and carrier suppliers to ensure timely delivery at required destinations
- Maintaining up to date visibility on all customer consignments and transit variances to adhere to customer service levels in line with SLA/SOPs
- Customer notification and coordination of problem solving and resolutions when required
- Ensure revenue/profit guidelines are in line with budgetary requirements
- Ensure expected customer service levels are always maintained as the voice of the customer
- Issuing quotations, invoicing and supplier's purchase orders
Passing airline carrier accounts
- General administrative duties and issuing quotations where necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if exemptions cannot be provided
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SR APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.