An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Installation Engineer based at Pyrocel Limited - in the Newcastle office. There is an excellent opportunity to progress and grow within the company for the right candidate who is enthusiastic and keen to learn new.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The role will involve installing fire alarms and detection systems, as well as security systems to include Intruder, Access Control and CCTV.
Duties to include:
- Assisting in installation of fire and security systems in occupied areas and building sites
- Multi-panel system working
- Outdoor enabling works
- High level working including scaffold erection
- Receiving site inductions before implementation
- Ensuring compliance with all health & safety and site-specific policies and procedures
- Undertaking works in line with client and company programme
- Ensuring compliance with British standards, client specification & design drawings
- Completion of as installed drawings
- Installation of aspirating smoke detection systems
- Weekly attendance & participation in toolbox talks
- Installation & testing of cables to relevant British standards ensuring compliance & functionality
- Undertake any necessary remedial works identified by commissioning engineers
- Use of hand tools on site
These duties are not exhaustive and other tasks will be required from time to time.
Applicants should be willing to attend day release at Team Valley, Gateshead (one day per week).
Applicants should also be able to drive, or interested in learning in the near future. Probationary period applies. DBS check required.
The training you will be getting
- Fire, Emergency and Security Systems level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The role will develop over time, and there is the possibility of securing a company vehicle in the future for the right candidate, along with a mobile telephone
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade Minimum Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.