Apprentice Patient Pathway Co-ordinator INDEPENDENT HEALTH GROUP LTD
Patient Pathway Coordinators assist the Administration Team to deliver high quality administration to ensure the seamless transition of the patient journey, from initial referral into the IHG service through to discharge back to the referring GP, providing the best possible patient experience.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
5% discretionary annual bonus payment
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
22 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role involves:
- Providing a first response to patient enquiries via phone or email.
- Booking patient appointments and sending confirmation letters
- Liaising with theatre practitioners, clinicians, other members of staff, GP practices and other external organisations
- Plan and schedule clinics and surgical lists to meet business requirements under direction of Admin Team Leads
- Production of clinic letters and discharge summaries to referrers and patients
- Management of appointment outcomes and actioning further requirements such as tests, funding applications and onward referrals
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is delivered remotely in the workplace, the apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring.
- The apprentice will receive the following:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and/or English if required
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Hopefully the apprenticeship will lead to a future position. Further CPD and full on the job training will be provided.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WILTSHIRE COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
Wiltshire College and University Centre Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.