Growth & Investment Business Admin Apprentice Worcestershire County Council
Our ambition is to attract and retain the very best talent to join our high performing workforce. To help us achieve that we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Admin to join our team made up of people who are passionate about providing the best customer service, delivering business support programmes, and grant funding to businesses. You will join a busy team initially providing administrative support for a range of programmes including business start-up, business growth, net zero and innovation programmes.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2023
£9,609.60 to £18,964.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
04 Nov 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will learn to work within a team to provide a professional and proactive administration service, ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a confidential, professional, prompt and efficient way.
As well as supporting you to gain professional qualifications, your on-the-job experience will ensure you develop your administrative skills alongside your studies. Initially you will work in a busy Economic Development programme team, where you will provide administration support for various projects, support colleagues with queries from clients, organise and schedule meetings, undertake telephone and email correspondence and help with inputting, updating and maintaining client files, team systems and databases.
There will also be opportunities to work across a range of activities which could also include supporting marketing and events activities. If you are considering a career in this Administration, this will be your first step in developing all the skills and behaviours to make you a great all round administrator. Prior experience is not required.
Minimum Essential Criteria
- Apprentices with a mathematics and English level 2 qualification must be able to provide certificates as evidence of achievement.
- Apprentices without a minimum Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to the end-point assessment and completion of the apprenticeship programme.
- For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and mathematics minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to the English qualifications for those for whom this is their primary language.
- Excellent computer skills around - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint at a minimum knowledge level equivalent to level 1 for office computer applications.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Proactive with a high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability and natural willingness to show initiative
- Excellent communication skills
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will gain a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration.
- Training will be based at County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR5 2NP
- Training will be one day a week and will be a mixture of face-to-face and virtual.
Our Apprenticeship benefits:
- You will be assigned a pastoral ‘buddy’ to provide support in that critical first step of moving into an office environment and juggling studies at the same time
- Over the initial 24 months, you will obtain a full professional qualification that is a Level 3 Qualification
- Study package including 20% of role dedicated to study and development, all initial study materials, training provider, study materials exam submissions paid for
- Coach, external to the team, to provide support outside of the normal line management. This coach will help the candidate identify and achieve personal goals
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the successful applicant has finished their apprenticeship, they will have the opportunity to progress onto a possible permanent job role within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4 - 9 (C - A*)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.