Data Hardware Technician Apprentice (Secure IT Services) SECURE ITAD SERVICES LIMITED
The apprentice will be part of a dedicated ITAD team, working closely with other engineers and reporting to the manager. Undertaking internal company procedures i.e. wiping and erasing IT devices and ensuring all equipment data is logged accurately and securely, Daily Backup checks, checking and maintaining data on our asset management software.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The processing of redundant IT equipment including Enterprise
- Including erasure, config wiping, MDM locks, installing new OS, supporting our own IT infrastructure, and logging / recording each erasure accurately and securely
- You will be required to electronically record the equipment that is collected using a laptop via our operational software or Excel (Asset management) and store and archive this data in line with data protection legislation
- Collection of IT equipment
- This could be a simple collection of redundant hardware from a storage area to the full decommissioning of a Data Centre / office Infrastructure
- We have warehouses in the UK, Belgium and Germany, you will be based in our UK site, but we do work in Europe, so you may have the opportunity to work in and around the EU if this is something that interests you
- Training will be given for all aspects of the role
- Uniform will be provided to you, so you can be smartly dressed whilst representing our company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Data Technician, with training in how to:
- Identify the right data sources for your business to inform decision making
- Collect, compile and cleanse data accurately and securely
- Identify, analyse and interpret data, trends, and patterns
- Produce dashboards and reports to aid visualisation and comparison
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis, making recommendations for business improvement
- Store and archive data in line with data protection legislation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
SECURE ITAD SERVICES LIMITED
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.