Road Surfacing Apprentice VINCI CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Vinci are offering the chance for apprentices to join a highly experienced surfacing crew. You will be carrying out carriageway resurfacing works for a wide range of clients, fully complying with all company Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and procedures.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work as a team to carry out high quality resurfacing operations on the highway network
- To fully comply with all company Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and procedures
- To ensure company property, including PPE is properly looked after and maintained
- To help reduce waste materials on site, i.e. to reduce our ‘Carbon footprint’
- To accurately complete daily diary sheets & assist with recording work activities using hand-held devices
- To operate & carry out basic plant & equipment checks once fully trained and authorised
- Attend apprentice training in regular blocks which will require staying away from home & complete all apprentice training coursework on time
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all company systems/policies
- To carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of the management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Road Surfacing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Mentor support within the workplace
- Block release at Telford College
- Assessor visits to the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, it is the intention of Eurovia to progress the apprentice into a permanent position. This will be reviewed and based on performance and the needs of the business at the time
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 / D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
VINCI CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Road surfacing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.