This is an opportunity for an apprentice to join Britcom in Market Weighton and have full exposure to the business working with industry equipment and machinery. To carry out general workshop duties as and when required. You will learn all aspects of fabrication & welding and learn to read and work from engineers drawings.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an opportunity for an apprentice to join Britcom in Market Weighton and have full exposure to the business working with industry equipment and machinery.
Dependent on your strengths and interests within this environment you will be working towards achieving your apprenticeship with Hull College.
Main duties will include:
- To carry out conversions and fabrication duties in line with written and verbal instructions under supervision to standards set by company management in order to pass the appropriate quality checks
- To carry out general workshop duties as and when required
- To work towards the required coding standard for welders
- To work in accordance with the ISO9001 Quality Management System
- To operate machinery and equipment in accordance with legislative guidelines and adhere to all health and safety procedures
- Welding Stick, MIG and TIG
- Different types of metal Cutting
- Using handheld tools
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Learning and adhering to companies
- Health and Safety rules/policies
- Other general engineering duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Hull College will deliver the Apprenticeship Standard General Welder Level 2
- Day release once a week at Hull College
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate there will be career progression available upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.