Business Administration Apprenticeship - Oasis Silvertown. Oasis Community Learning
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performing team who are passionately committed to securing the best possible life chances for the people of Silvertown. You should apply for this role if you are keen to kick start your career within business, you will be guided by a mentor and receive high quality training from LMP. Providing a welcoming and efficient reception service.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing a welcoming and efficient reception service
- To be the first point of contact for visitors to the Academy providing a welcoming, efficient reception service
- To provide reception services to students
- To be able to work in a fast-paced reception area multi-tasking between reception duties
- Be the initial point of contact for all enquiries by telephone and in person, advising staff, parents, pupils and visitors on appropriate source of information
- To be able to deal with challenging visitors, parents and students appropriately whilst maintaining a calm persona
- Ensure all visitors are issued with badges in order to comply with the Academy’s security procedures
- Ensure that visitors are met by the appropriate member of staff and escorted within the Academy unless their DBS status is known, and it has been agreed that they visit the Academy without direct supervision
- Be the main contact point for staff with regards to Academy events of any one day
- Maintain a tidy and orderly reception area
- Support with ParentPay account set up, queries from parents and general support
- Support with Bromcom queries from parents and general support for example MCAS, etc
- Word processing and data input as directed
- Assist with duplicating, collating and distribution of information to parents / carers, staff, students and others
- To ensure confidentiality at all times when dealing with issues re Staff, Students or Parents
- Undertake general clerical duties when directed including photocopying, printing, laminating and filing
- Franking outgoing post and sorting incoming mail
- Provide refreshments to visitors when required
- Support with Academy evening events for example, parent evenings, open evening etc
- Make telephone calls to parents and carers as required
- Send text message and / or emails to parents and carers as required
- Supervise students as required
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by Line Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards completing a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
- All training will be delivered by LMP Education remotely
- The employer will give you time out of your working week to focus on your qualification
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The right candidate may be offered a permanent position after completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.