Our Apprentices are immersed in a vibrant learning environment within our collection of luxury wedding venues and restaurants. They learn on and off the job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high-quality equipment and tools. Duties will include; High-quality food preparation. Helping with running and set up of the kitchen to agreed company standards and policies. Assisting the chef with presentation of a 3-course meal, ensuring that standards of food and service are consistently excellent.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Salary will be reviewed at the end of the apprentice's first year Employee Benefit scheme Pension (with contributions from Jenkinsons) You get paid by BACS every week Refer a friend payment (Unlimited Payments) Subject to conditions
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Commis Chef you will work alongside our talented chefs who will teach you all aspects wedding catering, with restaurants, banqueting and corporate events, including:
- High-quality food preparation
- Helping with running and set up of the kitchen to agreed company standards and policies
- Assisting the chef with presentation of a 3-course meal, ensuring that standards of food and service are consistently excellent
- Basic food hygiene, (CPL),
- Legislation, Regulation, Allergens
- Statutory compliance and health and safety
- COSHH, HACCPs and Best practice
- Knife skills
- Food storage (CCP), time and temperature checks
- Stock control and date labelling
- Procedures and structure
- Knowledge & understanding cooking techniques stocks/sauces/soups/braising/dauphinoise/canapes/labelling
- Help control Kitchen cleanliness
- Working as part of a team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
All training will take place within your normal working hours at your normal place of work.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Guarantee of a role in a Jenkinsons kitchen at the end.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Mike Patterson, HR Manager
Level 2 (GCSE)