Working with highly skilled hairdressers learning an amazing skill. Being part of a successful team will give the successful applicants the ability and confidence to work anywhere. You will be assisting the hairdressers, covering reception, booking in clients, plus more.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the hairdressers
- Reception, booking clients and organising the salon
- Salon hygiene, ensuring the salon is inviting and as close to immaculate as possible
- Working on client’s hair as you gain the knowledge and experience necessary
- Dealing with client enquiries
- Training to be a hairdresser
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Hairdressing professional Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
with a sufficient range and complexity within the workplace, delivery can be solely on the business premises. However, apprentices will have the option to attend a training salon in Oxford
- Each session will cover elements of the knowledge, skills and behaviours as required by the apprenticeship standard
- Additional sessions may be run over college closure periods to ensure the apprentice is meeting the course requirements and progressing as expected
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a possibility of a hairdressing job after the apprenticeship finishes.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.