This is a fantastic opportunity to join the insurance sector and gain industry recognised qualifications while being offered the opportunity to gain exposure in all the key operational departments within a business. You will be providing support to the broking team and maintaining the diary system for designated members of the team as required.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
The salary structure is as follows: Starting: £16,000 Pass IF1: £16,500 Pass IF3: £17,000 Pass Cert CII and complete apprenticeship programme with Full Time Role: £25,000 Basic, OTE with bonus £35,000
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and learn from a highly experienced and dynamic team within the insurance sector. You will gain first hand exposure to all aspects of key operational departments within the business, obtain valuable expertise and industry recognised qualifications. You will be offered a competitive initial salary, set additional increases following each exam and a salary increase commensurate with your experience and skills upon qualification.
In addition to the Certificate of Insurance (CII) and DPI internal training programme, as part of your 18 month apprenticeship you will be responsible for the duties as detailed below:
- Providing support to the broking team preparing new business and renewal policies, mid-term adjustments, invoices, cover notes and written correspondence
- Providing support to the marketing, claims and accounts teams
- Working with senior management
- Managing the staff entertainment fund and arranging team building exercises
- Providing a professional service to all clients at all times
- Brokering client’s commercial insurance requirements, working towards more complex types of cover
- Accompanying senior broking executives on client site visits and surveys
- Ensuring that throughout all departments the client records are kept up to date and completed fully and consistently
- Maintaining the diary system for designated members of the team as required
- Ensuring adherence to company compliance procedures and data protection requirements
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Insurance practitioner L3 apprenticeship standard:
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Cert CII
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
- Role-specific route ways tailor the apprenticeship to the job role:
- Claims Handler / Loss Adjuster
- Assistant Underwriter
- Junior Broker
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Resit costs for CII exams and End-Point-Assessment will be covered by the employer
- Fortnightly workshops for each CII exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
DPI Insurance has been successfully running our apprenticeship programme for more than 5 years. We are a growing business and have experience in training and retaining talented and driven individuals.
Successful candidates will have a clear career path into well paid roles within the organisation. We currently have two previous apprentices within our team, our Commercial Renewals Manager (£45k OTE) and one of our Commercial Renewal Executives (£35k OTE).
DPI Insurance offers industry recognised CII training alongside our Internal Training Programme. Your journey doesn’t stop with an apprenticeship, CII training is also available to further qualifications, such as a DIP CII and ACII post apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any - Desired Business, Economics, Law (Grade C or above) Essential
About the employer
SKILLS EDGE TRAINING LTD
0333 358 3559
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.