Working with Chef Andy. Andy has spent his career working in some of London’s best Michelin Star restaurants. He started his career working for Michael Roux Jnr training in modern French cuisine. He then spent 5 years working for Simon Rogan in two of his London restaurants. His most recent role was Sous Chef at Gordon Ramsay’s Petrus. Duties will include preparing and cooking food, maintaining high standards and basic cleaning/hygiene standards.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Preparing and cooking food
- Maintaining high standards
- Basic cleaning/hygiene standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You'll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Not only do you gain a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchen.
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of on and off the job training
- One day at college - 4 days in the workplace
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Training Provider
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Apprentice or trainee chefs, known as a Commis Chef
- Section chefs, known as a Chef de Partie or Station Cook or Line Cook
- Sous Chef, who act as the second-in-command of the kitchen
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Other Food Hygiene Certificate (Grade Level 2) Essential
About the employer
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.