If you are caring, friendly and focused on helping us deliver quality homecare to our clients, then we would love to hear from you. Our senior team will give you the help and support you need. Be a part of the fantastic team at St Margaret’s. You will be responsible for delivering a personalised homecare service to each client in their own home.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
£1.00 per hour extra per hour for working weekends. When you have gained more experience pay can be increased to £12.00 per hour, £13.00 per hour weekends. £150 new starter joining bonus £200 refer a friend scheme Additional fully paid mileage
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for delivering a personalised homecare service to each client in their own home
- Tasks could involve helping clients, get up, washed, showered or bathed. This may also include preparing breakfast
- An evening call to help clients get ready for bed and prepare dinner
- An overnight stay to support clients through the night. This may also include morning or end of day assistance discussed above. Assist with washing, laundry, shopping, meal preparation or any other assistance clients would like through the day
- Supporting clients with social activities such as attending appointments, visiting family or friends or simply going for a walk with good company
- Companionship and medication support
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will undertake an adult care worker level 2 apprenticeship
- This will take on average 15 months to complete
- It will be totally work based and regular assessor visits will take place between the college, apprentice and employer at the workplace
- As an apprentice, you will receive 6hrs of learning time each week, allocated to your apprenticeship to concentrate on any set development activities
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Further training is negotiable depending on your role and aspirations. This could lead, for example, to lead adult care worker apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.