As an apprentice at City College Nursery, you will gain experience working alongside an enthusiastic team of qualified Nursery Practitioners. By the end of the apprenticeship, you will have experience of working in all of our age groups with support from your mentor. The age groups are 12 weeks- 2 years, 2 years- 3 years and 3 years- 5 years.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2023
Salary will be £10,187- £16,457 per annum depending on the apprentice's age.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
While working as part of a team your main duties will include;
- Helping create a safe and welcoming environment for all children to learn, thrive and grow.
- Providing stimulating activities led by the children’s interests.
- Actively encouraging the progression of each individual child’s development through positive interactions.
- To be involved in activity planning and record keeping of key children.
- To develop an awareness of responsibilities relating to Safeguarding and Health & Safety.
- Being able to communicate with the team, managers, and parent/ carers in friendly and professional manner.
- Developing your knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
- Embracing the outdoors. Outdoor provision is provided all year round regardless of the weather.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
For the full apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Qualification.
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
For the End Point Assessment (EPA) apprentices will undertake a knowledge test and a professional discussion underpinned by the portfolio.
Apprentices must attend college sessions one day per fortnight at the Ipswich Road campus, located near Norwich city centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship. The business is looking for somebody who wants to develop and gain a position following their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
City College Norwich (Apprenticeships Team)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.