This role will include supporting over 6000 IT users, and helping to maintain a modern IT Network Infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn about a wide range of IT systems including: databases; email VOIP & communication systems and network architecture.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
18 Oct 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties may involve:
- Working through help desk support requests with the assistance of the Senior IT Technician and IT Manager.
- Providing face to face, and telephone first line support to end users.
- Assisting in the management of the school VLE System and online services.
- Installation of new, and routine maintenance of existing, hardware and software systems; updating documentation as well as writing new documentation on school systems to cover both technical setup as well as end user guides.
- The opportunity exists to take a leading role in the development of new school IT systems and the management of existing ones.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
IT Solutions Technician (Software Route) Level 3 Standard, 18 months practical with an additional 3 months End Point Assessment period.
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (if required).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a substantive position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
About the employer
STOWE VALLEY MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.