This is an exciting new role to support a leading recruitment consultancy in Bristol. 5Values work in the IoT and Video Tech space, and are growing rapidly, having built an excellent reputation in their field. They are looking for a passionate IT apprentice to help support the team with IT and tech, as well as helping with exciting new projects.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Oct 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work closely with their external IT support company and the 5Values team to understand what software and tools might be useful for them to perform better in their role both strategically and with high efficiency.
It is imperative that you have a keen interest in IT, Technology and have a commercial understanding of what software can lead to cash creation quicker, by taking the time to understand the recruitment lifecycle.
They are very interested to pursue their interests in Automation and Artificial Intelligence, keeping them ahead of our competition and integrating these tools into our business
You will learn:
- Troubleshooting Technical Issues
- Hardware and Software Setup
- User Account Management
- Basic Network Support
- Cybersecurity Assistance
- Software Updates and Patch Management
- Inventory Management
- Basic System Administration
- Audiovisual Support.
- IT Asset Management
- IT Training and Workshops for employees
- Assist in liaising with IT vendors and service providers for equipment repairs, warranty claims, and technical support.
- Compliance and Data Protection
- Help Desk Support
- Basic Technical Support Experience: Prior experience in providing technical support, even at a personal level, can be valuable.
- Customer-Facing Experience: Experience in a customer service role, whether in-person or remotely, can help develop communication and empathy skills.
- Basic Networking Knowledge: Familiarity with networking concepts, such as IP addresses, subnetting, and basic troubleshooting, is beneficial.
- Operating Systems Familiarity: Some exposure to various operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and their basic functions.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During this advanced apprenticeship, you will learn a vast range of knowledge, skills and behaviours, covering topics such as:
- Data security
- Hardware & software
- Computer networking and so much more.
You will undertake the ground-breaking Professional Apprenticeships ICT Level 3 qualification. Professional Apprenticeships hold the title of Bristol and Bath Apprenticeship Training Provider of the Year for 2021.
The programme is designed to mould you into a high-level, all-rounded technician. You will learn in detail about:
- Cloud & Mobile Technologies
- Technical Problem Solving
- Advanced-Data Security
- Computer Networks
- IT Communication & much more.
These modules are designed to jump-start your career and make you stand out in an increasingly competitive field, boosting your future earning potential.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
5Values understand the importance of training and development and there will be exciting career progression opportunities for the right candidate. Previous apprentices have gone on to enjoy long and successful careers within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C Or above) Essential
About the employer
PROFESSIONAL APPRENTICESHIPS LTD
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.