Baydon House Farm Stables are looking for an apprentice to join their friendly team. The position will include general yard duties i.e. mucking out, turning out/in, riding & exercise. There is the possibility to travel to competitions to train as as a competition groom. Would suit someone looking for a career in the equine industry.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
All aspects of horse care e.g
- Mucking out
- Trimming and clipping
- Lungeing and riding
- Health care
- Assisting with running of events
- Assisting with customer care and experience
- Functional Skills if required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a 100% work-based learning apprenticeship of which the successful candidate will be awarded the Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship.
- Maths and English functional skills if required.
- There is scope for either the riding or non-riding pathway to be chosen and this will be discussed at interview.
- Enrolling on to an apprenticeship programme is a serious commitment. To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you will need to be hard working, prepared to work outdoors in all weather and often at weekends.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate there may be progression on to the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Baydon House Farm Stables
SHELDRAKE TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.