New City College is offering a fantastic opportunity of an apprenticeship at our Hackney campus. The nursery is a fun, happy environment with a strong professional team who are passionate about giving children the best start in life. You will deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children in early years.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment
- Ensure you are familiar with the key policies and procedures, especially safeguarding children, equal opportunities, behaviour management and health and safety
- Work in partnership with Early Years professionals, for example Health Visitors and SEN services
- Within reason to comply with requests to work outside normal hours, for example to cover if staff unexpectedly have to leave the room or are called away. This includes requests from the nursery to work longer days from time to time
- To assist in support for parents and families. Working in partnership with parents/carers, recognising that parents are their children’s first educators and encourage parental involvement in the nursery
- Ensure parent issues and concerns are dealt with promptly and accurately. Ensure management are informed and consulted where relevant
- Participate in room and staff meetings
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the nursery
- Never leave the room / nursery / childcare location and put your colleagues at risk of being out of ratio – unless in case of emergency
- To provide experiences that are play based and child centred without over focus on an end product
- To participate in staff meetings and training relating to management, administration, professional practice and personal development in relation to the early years and in line with college requirements
- To support and assist nursery apprentices/ students
- To participate in a programme of supervision /appraisal with the Manager and Deputy Manager
- To demonstrate flexibility and high levels of commitment to the service
- To demonstrate an understanding of child protection issues and follow procedures in line with the nursery, the borough and New City College.
- To ensure the room is kept tidy and organised to allow for the efficient use of time and to maintain the high-quality standards that we have set as our ongoing
- To ensure that child-care practice within the nursery reflect and promote the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- To adhere to the College policies and procedures, including those specific to the nursery
- To support nurseries across the group, including travelling to and working at other sites when required
- To ensure that parents/carers demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to the aims and objectives of the nursery and all other policies. To articulate these to parents and carers, students on placement, other staff and visitors where appropriate
- To assist the Manager in ensuring that resources for the room are ordered in a timely fashion and in accordance with nursery budgets and are age appropriate
- Attend and prepare for initial and ongoing meetings with parents to share children’s progress and the regular upkeep of records and learning journal system which support children’s development and interest
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- First Aid
- Paediatric first aid qualification
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours
- Day release to attend NCC Hackney campus (N1 6HQ)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential offer of permanent position on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 and above (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.