Welding Apprenticeship MARCEGAGLIA STAINLESS SHEFFIELD LTD
As part of your training, you will complete a number of placements within different departments, gain lots of practical experience, have the opportunity to work with different people and learn how learn how Marcegaglia operates. The apprenticeship will be delivered in part at the Olive Grove Campus, with the remaining time spent at Marcegaglia. Duties will include; Reading & understanding technical engineering drawings in both 1st & 3rd angle projection. Marking out & cutting parts from supplied drawings. Use measuring equipment to check all dimensions.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Produce fabrications from mild steel/stainless steel utilising MIG & TIG
- Read & understand technical engineering drawings in both 1st & 3rd angle projection
- Mark out & cut parts from supplied drawings
- Use measuring equipment to check all dimensions
- Operate cutting and drilling machinery when required
- Operate a saw to produce cut lengths of material
- Perform final assembly to produce high quality finished products
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- General Welder Apprenticeship Standard Level 2 delivered on a block release at Liberty Steel Training Centre in Stocksbridge Sheffield
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential of full time permanent employment available upon satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.