This Apprenticeship is a brilliant opportunity to learn how to make a huge range of bakery products. We have been trading for over 40 years, so you will be learning from skilled bakers how to make bread, pasties, sausage rolls, cakes, sandwiches, and much more.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2023
Pay could increase with progression
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Baker you will have to start work early to help make sure products are ready for when the shop opens.
- Start around 4-5am
- Help to hand make different breads, and prepare them ready for the ovens
- Help to put the bread into the shop once baked
- Help to clean and prepare various tins and trays ready to be used
- Make large quantities of Sausage Rolls & Pasties by hand
- Making our quality sandwiches
- Making very large trays of cakes or traybakes i.e., Brownies
- Help to make cakes and biscuits
- Some washing up and general cleaning down of your workspace
- Help to maintain 5* level Health and Safety labelling and food storage
- Cooking pasties, pizzas, sausage rolls etc and putting them in the shop to be sold
- Re-filling the shop pasty hot plate as demand requires
You will need to be physically strong as this role involves lifting very large trays or tins out of large deck bread ovens, 2 of which are quite high up. You will also need to be able to carry large rolls of pastry from the rolling machine up to your table, along with other large and heavy boxes/bowls/bags of ingredients.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship.
Minimum duration 12-months.
Functional skills in maths and English (if required).
How training will be delivered is to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would hope to be in a position for the Apprentice to take on a full-time job with us.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.