Workshop Technician Apprentice BAYWATER HEALTHCARE UK LIMITED
To support home oxygen and long-term condition services to patients in the community on behalf of the NHS. To support the regional team of technicians in providing a high-quality service to users by ensuring stringent quality cleaning, verification, and repair of healthcare equipment.
Closing date: 03 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Dec 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintaining stores area and ordering depot consumables weekly
- Maintaining a good stock rotation of stores consumables
- Working alongside the Regional Team Manager to ensure that depot compliance is always up to date
- Responsible for testing and quality checking new equipment
- Recording serial numbers of equipment received from Healthcare
- Technicians & placing the equipment into the correct ‘holding’ area.
- PAT testing & Soak testing the equipment
- Verifying, cleaning & where required, repairing the equipment
- Verifying and servicing Liquid Oxygen equipment
- Recording accurately all work carried out
- Recording serial numbers ready for dispatch to Healthcare Technicians
- Occasional need to off-load delivery vehicles on site - goods receipt any other stock as required
- Work as part of a team to produce high quality results at all times
- Work with various devices and the ability to swap between different items during the working day
- Follow manufacturer guidelines to ensure full compliance of medical devices
- Scope – Planned servicing and repair of all equipment associated with the company’s delivery of Home Oxygen Service
- Responsibility – To ensure servicing and repair requirements are met in line with both manufacturer and company policy guidelines
- Transparency – communicate effectively with line managers and colleagues
- Culture – A “can do” culture is expected within the constraints of safety and company policies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full training to be provided towards the achievement of the Level 2 Engineering Operative Standard which includes:
- Diploma in engineering operations (skills)
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- Apprentices without Level 1 (or equivalent) in English and maths must ensure that apprentices achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the end-point assessment
- All training to be completed onsite at Baywater Healthcare UK Ltd - Erdington
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible progression to full time Workshop Technician or field Medical Equipment Engineer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.