We’re looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Apprentice to provide technical support for our end users. You’ll be working within a friendly and experienced IT team to provide in-person and remote technical support, administer and configure our IT systems and help develop our internal processes.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to assisting in the following areas:
- User Service and Support: Follow up and monitor service and support requests to deliver 1st line technical support to our end users
- On-Boarding: Assist with the IT on-boarding programme to ensure an excellent and seamless user experience for new starters
- Device management: maintaining, building, and configuring IT equipment, Mac, Windows, Android and IOS
- Systems Administration: Help maintain and Identify opportunities to develop and optimise our existing IT services, ensuring that they meet the needs of our users
- Process improvement: Proactively seeking opportunities to utilise technology to streamline and improve business processes
- Promote and Improve Information Security: Work towards applying industry best security practices to reduce the cyber risk to the business
- Office equipment maintenance and support - including meeting rooms and print
- Setting up IT and AV equipment for events
- Creating or updating documentation
- Software licence administration
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 1 year)
- Approximately four on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Employment as a full time IT Support Technician
- A bespoke training and personal development plan will be created, giving the opportunity to learn interesting new skills
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C 9/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.