Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice at Little Pips Nursery, Curry Rivel Little Pips Nursery
At Little Pips we believe that children learn best through play and exploration. Children in Little Pips are given opportunities to make choices, explore their senses and experiment in an exciting environment. You will support the teamwork in partnership with families ensuring our children’s needs are met at all times. (curryrivelprimary.co.uk)
Closing date: 04 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We value play as young children's work, and all of our learning is based upon each individual child's needs and interests.
We are looking for someone who can assist but eventually be responsible for…
- Working as part of the team to provide a warm caring environment
- Assist in promoting links between childcare and the early years curriculum
- Support with taking care of children’s personal needs and encouraging self-help and social skills
- Promote participation in a range of quality activities with the children and support in providing feedback to parents and carers
- Working with the team to support planning, room organisation, resources and activities for indoor/outdoor play that meets the needs of the individual children
- Prepare food, set up for meals, supervise mealtime, cleaning and clearing away
- Work with the team to maintain and ensure adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene for families and children attending the setting
- Providing flexibility in covering care at short notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances
Why work for us?
A warm welcome awaits you. We are proud of our school, both children and staff enjoy sharing ‘our school’ with visitors and friends.
- You will get to work in an environment where we value and respect people, children and families of all backgrounds including their religion, race, culture and language
- Whilst being supported in working towards your level 2 qualification you will have the exciting opportunity to work on special projects or areas of work as directed by the Foundation Stage Co-Ordinator or Childcare Manager
- Our team will help you to be aware and understand the Health and Safety framework, policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation to include fire drills that are all relevant in your qualification
- You will get to participate in regular supervisions and staff meetings
- You will work in an environment where we encourage and support your development within the early years setting
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment - Knowledge Test and Professional
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression on to the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.