Childcare Apprenticeship WINDMILLS OPPORTUNITY PLAY GROUP
Windmills Opportunity Playgroup has a vacancy for an Apprentice Playgroup Assistant to join our small friendly team. Windmills is a pack away setting in Burgess Hill, we pride ourselves on being a fully inclusive setting which supports all children from the local community. In our recent Ofsted inspection June 2018, we were awarded ‘Good’. You will assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment, plus more.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
11 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- To have Key child responsibilities under the supervision of Room Leader/Manger
- To contribute to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up to date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively
- To be responsible for keeping the individual record file for each of the children in the key worker group with Supervision from Room Leader
- To contribute to termly parent consultations and reports
- To assist with the toileting/Hygiene of children
- To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities
- To be participate/contribute to curriculum planning, record keeping as requested by the Manager/Room Leader
- To support/work with Playgroup Practitioners during adult led activities and capture learning on Tapestry
- Supporting the playgroup to fund-raise
- Be willing to work with children on 1-1 bases and for small group work with supervision from Room Leader
- Confidently be able to participate in adult-led small group activity
- Meet with Room leader to discuss key child ongoing development and learning through assessment tracker meetings
- To attend half-termly staff meetings
- To attend training as appropriate to Job Description and individual need
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- How training will be delivered is to be confirmed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great career in the Childcare Sector with the opportunity to go to higher qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C / 4) Desired
About the employer
WINDMILLS OPPORTUNITY PLAY GROUP
JANCETT CHILDCARE & JACE TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.