Motor Vehicle Light Vehicle Service Apprentice VIC YOUNG (SOUTH SHIELDS) LT
Vic Young are recruiting for a hard-working and enthusiastic apprentice to work towards a Level 3 in Light Vehicle Mechanics. The role will evolve with experience and the successful candidate will be taught the workings of all systems. You will be scheduling vehicles into the workshop, carry out general mechanical duties, plus more.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will:
- Scheduling vehicles into the workshop
- Carry out general mechanical duties
- Servicing and day to day fixing of cars and light vans
- Complete computerised documentation
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will gain the Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician - Light Vehicle Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation
- The apprentice will have regular, on-site one-to-one sessions with a tutor and in-house training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time role on completion of the apprenticeship and satisfactory reviews.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
TYNE COAST COLLEGE
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.