D & E Kirk at Larkworthy Barn are excited to be offering an opportunity for a motivated individual to join them as a General Farm Apprentice (Level 2). This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the industry and learn new skills. Duties include: shearing, feeding, vaccinating, debudding and bedding down.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Typical daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- General farm work and maintenance
- Calf Rearing
- Feeding and bedding up
- Tractor work to include baling, mowing and raking
- Selecting Ewes for Breeding
- Selecting finishing Lambs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 General Farm Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor
- You will be required to attend Duchy College Stoke Climsland on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
D & E Kirk
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.