Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprentice CORNWELL'S CHEMISTS LTD
Fantastic opportunity to gain training and employment as a Pharmacy Services Assistant. If you have a genuine interest in pharmacy and are looking for an entry route into this profession. As part of your position you will be answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines and ensuring that the health and safety requirements are met.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will have various duties including, but not limited to:
- Servicing customers - selling over the counter medicines
- Taking and handing out prescriptions, dispensing prescriptions
- Promoting services
- Cash handling
- Ensuring tidiness of branch
- Using dispensary computer system to generate stock orders and labels
- Receiving, loading unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant standard:
- Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only)
- Full-time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with off the-job training
- The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world
- The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility to up-skill to Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (Pharmacy Technician)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Essential
About the employer
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.