We are seeking a highly organised and detail-oriented individual to join a well-respected firm as a Legal Administrator Apprentice. If you would like to start your career with professionals in the industry then this is the opportunity for you. Providing assistance to attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals, including managing calendars, scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, and maintaining files and records.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
20 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Administrative Support - Providing assistance to attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals, including managing calendars, scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, and maintaining files and records
- Document Preparation - Prepare, edit, proofread, and format legal documents, including letters, memos, briefs, pleadings, contracts, and court forms. Ensure accuracy, consistency, and adherence to established legal procedures
- Communication and Correspondence - Handle incoming calls, emails, and correspondence, and assist in drafting responses. Effectively communicate with clients, court personnel, and other external parties in a professional and courteous manner
- Case Management - Assist in organising and maintaining case files, both in physical and electronic formats. Coordinate with attorneys and paralegals to ensure all case-related documents, evidence, and exhibits are properly filed and accessible
- Legal Research - Conduct legal research using various online and offline resources to gather relevant case laws, statutes, regulations, and legal precedents. Summarise and present findings to attorneys for review and incorporation into legal strategies
- Court Filings - Prepare and file legal documents with courts, administrative agencies, and other relevant entities. Ensure compliance with filing deadlines, procedural requirements, and specific court rules
- Billing and Timekeeping - Assist in tracking billable hours, preparing invoices, and managing client billing records. Collaborate with accounting personnel to ensure accurate and timely billing and payment processing
- Client Support - Provide exceptional customer service to clients, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and maintaining positive relationships. Handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion and professionalism
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- One day a week at our Colindale (NW9)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If the applicant is successful they can go into further training or employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.