One Garden Brighton is a busy new tourist destination in Stanmer Park. We are looking for an apprentice to provide them a start to the bakery sector. You will work and learn in a fast-paced environment and gain a variety of skills related to baking and food production. You will ensure the high presentation of food and retail products that will consistently exceed our customer/visitor expectations and support our baker with daily tasks.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
The salary will be up to £23,300 depending on experience. The candidate appointed to the post will automatically become a member of the One Garden Brighton Pension Scheme and pay contributions as determined by annual salary levels.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will undertake a variety if tasks, and be responsible for:
- Working under our onsite baker you will create exceptional products for our guests
- Engaging with customers and upselling any products identified by the Senior Chef
- Ensure the high presentation of food and retail products that will consistently exceed our customer/visitor expectations
- Support our baker with daily tasks
- You will work proactively alongside colleagues within the garden and the wider organisation to promote the organisational values
- Ensure that everyone using the catering facilities is treated politely and courteously, be they, customers, staff and student or guests.
- Champion, embrace & prepare Plumpton Estate produce, meat and dairy. Utilising produce from our market when available
- Ensure kitchen and wash-up areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. To keep up to date with food safety guidelines and legislation to ensure compliance. Even in the absence of the Senior Chef
- Comply with food hygiene regulations by completing relevant food safety records and wearing the appropriate clean protective clothing while preparing and serving food, and to ensure all other members of staff do likewise
- Ensure that all stock is stored appropriately and stock rotation procedures are followed. Ensure that all stock issued to other departments is recorded to enable stock records to be kept. Assist with stocktaking procedures.
- Highlight any learning needs that you may have
- Assist the Senior Chef in placing orders and checking in deliveries, undertaking manual handling
- Other duties connected to the role may be required from time to time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The final certificate will be a Level 2 Bakery Apprenticeship Certificate
Training will be split between on-job, at our site in OneGarden and at Plumpton College (one day per fortnight, during term time)
Functional Skills in English and maths if required
The apprentice will learn:
- Measuring ingredient quantities
- Making bakery products
- How to safely work machinery, such as power mixers, industrial ovens and production lines
- Managing supplies
- Keeping production areas clean
- How to come up with ideas for new products
- Butchery Level 2 Apprenticeship Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in Baking Industry Skills
- Level 1 in maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the apprenticeship, there will be a full time position avalible and opportunities to develop/ progress internally.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.