Early Years Apprentice Holy Trinity CofE Primary School & Community Nursery
We are seeking to appoint an Apprentice as part of our Early Years Foundation Stage team. The successful candidate will be friendly, helpful and enthusiastic to support and care for nursery pupils aged 2 - 4 years old, attending to their daily needs, learning opportunities and preparing them to be ready to start school in a reception class.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
After first year it is National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn how to support and foster children’s development and early education in a team within a school Early Years setting
- Carry out planned activities under the guidance, direction and supervision of the Teacher in Nursery
- Be a member of the team providing high-quality childcare provision
- Keep and maintain records as directed by the Teacher
- Share responsibility for the care, presentation, display, safety, organisation and appearance of the facilities and equipment
- Read, discuss and implement all policies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will work 4 days in setting each week and 1 day will be a study day at the Training Centre (term time only). The Training Centre is located in Dorchester, Dorset. The qualification to achieve is the L3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator), as well as Paediatric First Aid, and Functional Skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If a vacancy arises following completion of the Apprenticeship, the apprentice will be encouraged to apply for the post.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
About the employer
THE SIDE BY SIDE PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.