Do you have enthusiasm, drive & a commitment to a future in Engineering? The role involves fault-finding & diagnostics on machinery & developing workable solutions to problems. Communicating with suppliers about machinery faults, replacement parts & necessary repairs. Designing & building new bespoke machines, including the use of CAD systems.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance of spring-making and wire-forming machinery to keep machinery working to make products to customer specification
- Fault-finding and diagnostics on machinery and developing workable solutions to problems
- Communicating with suppliers about machinery faults, replacement parts and necessary repairs. Designing and building of new bespoke machines, including the use of CAD systems
- Incorporating the use of pneumatics and PLCs in the development and control of machine functions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This will include 3 days a week at college in the 1st year, 1 day a week at college in years 2 and 3, and the final year based in the workplace.
This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Engineering Technician – Mechatronics Maintenance standard.
On completion, the apprentice will receive:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) qualifications
- Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on your current level
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to take you on a full-time role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.