Apprentice Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Lydgate Infant School
We have an opportunity for an Apprentice Business Administrator (Level 3) who will receive training and support to act as the first point of contact for students, parents, visitors to the school. Other duties include: providing an efficient administrative and reception service for the school site and undertaking a wide range of general administrative and clerical duties.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The opportunity involves receiving training and support to enable the apprentice to carry out a broad range of activities. As an apprentice, it is not expected that you are fully able to undertake all duties initially. It is expected that you are willing and able to move positively towards undertaking all roles by the end of the apprenticeship, with the help and assistance of the wider team.
This is not a comprehensive list of all tasks which may be required of the postholder. It is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken, commensurate with the grade.
Undertake general administrative and clerical duties including:
- To be the first point of contact for parents and visitors to the School dealing with enquiries by telephone, email and in person
- To work as part of a team of support staff in providing administrative support across the School
- To assist in arrangements for school trips, events etc
- To arrange hospitality/meetings where appropriate
- To undertake general administrative and clerical duties typified by the following:
- Typing and document creation using Microsoft Office
- Data entry using Microsoft Office, SIMS.net
- Mail distribution/franking
As well as:
- To provide general clerical support where appropriate to teaching, technical, catering and premises staff
To collect and record appropriate statistics as required
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. student data
- Undertake typing and other IT based tasks
- Undertake administrative procedures
- Maintain and collate student reports
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, Internet)
- Maintain stock and supplies, distributing as required
- Operate uniform/snack/other ‘shops’ within the school
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Qualification.
- Regular workshops will be held at our Training Centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate may have the opportunity to apply for a permanent role should a vacancy arise.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Lydgate Infant School
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.