The successful applicant will be providing with full professional training in workings towards a Level 3 diploma in business administration. The successful candidate needs to be a driven self-starter, have a proactive approach to their work ethic, remain inquisitive and have a desire to succeed and improve. Duties: Assisting with reception management provision, as a credible business first point of contact. Dealing with enquiries and correspondence (electronic and telephone), ensuring all calls are sufficiently logged and forward to relevant departments etc.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting with reception management provision, as a credible business first point of contact.
- Attending meetings and recording outcomes and decisions (minutes).
- Dealing with enquiries and correspondence (electronic and telephone), ensuring all calls are sufficiently logged and forward to relevant departments.
- Organising meetings - to include scheduling appointments, dealing with room bookings and sending out invite letters.
- Electronic and manual filing - administering record management and archiving procedures.
- Responsible for stationary audit and management for the business.
- Managing incoming and outgoing post.
- Data entry.
- Raising purchase requisitions, receipting of goods and services.
To assist across the business with data extraction and reports for both internal and external purposes.
- To provide conscientious and friendly assistance to peers (both internal and external).
- Provide on request administrative support across the whole business.
- Maintain the stock of uniform, PPE (personal protective equipment) and other necessary supplies. Re-order supplies and keep records of items issued and returned.
- Work flexibly as part of the team and always apply Step Places core policies and procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3.
- Training at: Unit 4, Royal Mills, 17 Redhill Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 5BA.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career within the company, leading to full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.