An exciting opportunity has arisen within Knowleswood Primary School for an administrative apprentice. You will be involved in the day to day running of the school office with duties such as answering the phone and taking messages, distributing the messages as appropriate, liaising with parents, other staff members and visitors to the school.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
18 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To give advice and guidance as appropriate, making decisions regarding individual visitors/callers in terms of the advice and information provided, liaising with other staff within the school and assessing the level of urgency
- Undertake reception duties such as answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc.
- Manage all lines of written and electronic communication with parents
- Act in a supervisory role to support the reception function of the office
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. record and circulate messages to other members of staff, photocopying, filing, scanning, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms, sort and distribute mail, ensuring supplies of internal forms are kept well stocked
- Maintain filing systems
- Basic data inputting of computerised records/management information systems
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Responsibility for the management of bookings i.e. trips and transport
- Responsibility for other pupil-focused schemes or initiatives in school i.e. Dinner debts, School Milk, Uniform vouchers, School
- Responsible for the processing of orders
- Responsibility to comply with all financial guidance and legislation
- Responsible for the safe keeping of office equipment and secure storage of supplies
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer
- Maintaining stock and supplies and prepare information to help in the processing of orders
Support senior members of staff in the collection and recording of school monies and other financial administration
Use good common sense and initiative in all matters relating to the conduct and behaviour of individuals, groups of pupils and whole classes; the correct use and care of materials by individual and small groups of pupils, the safety, mobility (if required) and hygiene and wellbeing of the pupils
- Responsibility to support the school's safeguarding agenda in an office setting, at all times.
- To be responsible for reporting building maintenance in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Responsibility to maintain fire registers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- All training takes place within the workplace
- Assessor will visit apprentice every 4-6 weeks and set work online
- Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential permanent position within the school
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.