Sports Apprentice – Kelsey Primary School Lincolnshire County Council
We are offering a unique apprenticeship experience that will provide you with valuable industry experience of teaching/coaching PE and Sport to children. You will learn how to support and lead physical activity with our high-quality tuition and have the chance to put this into meaningful practice.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking to appoint an apprentice who will:
- Support learning alongside class teachers, alongside supporting and enhancing the PE provision our school provides.
- This will include leading sports clubs, at dinners times and sometimes after school.
- They will receive CPD from our existing sports coaching and will be supported to further their sporting practice.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Community Activator Coach L2 Standard
- Functional skills, if required
- 1 day a week at college
- 4 days a week in school, 8:45am with varied finish times (always by 4:30pm)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completers will be able to move into leadership or management roles within the sector which may be aligned to an apprenticeship at higher level. This progression will involve leading teams of people, acting as a mentor for staff or specialising with the delivery of sporting and physical activity programmes to certain populations or communities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.