A Nursery Administration Apprentice is required for an under 5 nursery, to support a nursery manager and team in a day to day admin role. Some duties include: staff rota and weekly registers, photocopying, filing forms and charts for each classroom, answering the telephone, and dealing with enquiries.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2023
£8,236.80 to £16,255.20
16-17 years old - £5.28 per hour £8,236.80 18-20 years old - £7.49 per hour £11,684.40 21-24 years old - £10.18 per hour £15,880.80 25+ years old - £10.42 per hour £16,255.20
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Photocopying and filing forms and charts for each classroom, filing away completed forms and charts
- Staff rota and weekly registers, answering the phone and dealing with enquires
- Responding to email enquiries and arranging visits for prospective clients
- Enrolling new children and planning settling in dates and times
- Taking notes/ minutes at staff meetings
- Writing up newsletters for parents, typing and sending out memos to staff if needed
- Help type up reports for nursery practitioners, type and email IEP’s
- Post advertise job vacancies, select suitable candidates and arrange interviews
- Have sound knowledge of OFSTED and Early year’s foundation stage requirement, keep up to date with updates
- Support managing budget and occupancy for classrooms
- Build strong parent partnership
- Develop a database of bank staff to support during staff shortages and arrange cover for staff sickness
- Manage and document all absences and lateness by having return-to-work interviews
- To establish and maintain an inventory of all resources available
- Developing and implementing an age-appropriate program of annual events and activities
- Have knowledge and understanding of early years settings.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- End Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible progression into other areas of the business ie head of admin, front house manager, finance department etc might be a possibility.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - C / 9 - 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
INTEC BUSINESS COLLEGES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.