Engineering Apprentice – Machinist EMERSON AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS FINAL CONTROL UK LTD
Emerson Automation Solutions Final Control UK Limited are offering the chance for a candidate to take part in a Machinist Engineering Apprenticeship. This role will develop competence to be able to set and operate a variety of CNC machinery to produce components for a range of safety valves.
Closing date: today
Upon achievement of Level 2, salary will increase to £17,723.68 per annum.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Nov 2023
07 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will be developing competence to be able to set and operate a variety of CNC machinery to produce components for a range of safety valves and includes:
- Machining of parts and products in accordance with drawings, specifications and material requirements
- Set up machines, tool offsets, edits
- Maintains production records
- Ensure time bookings are correct and accurate and downtime requests are presented in a timely manner
- Making recommendations and implementing improvements in accordance the Emerson’s various continuous improvement programmes
- Ensuring own workstation complies with the 5S housekeeping standards
- Gaining skills to be able to work across different product lines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard to include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills) - Practical Skills Training
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations (Knowledge) - Theoretical Knowledge
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The Skills and Knowledge element of the programme will be delivered at The STEGTA Training Centre based in Flixton, Manchester.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard, the successful candidate would then progress onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship – Machining Technician.
On successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship – Machining Technician apprenticeship there would be a role as a skilled Machine Operator.
Upon the completion of the Level 3 knowledge qualification as part of the Level 3 Apprenticeship, the salary will then increase to £23,631.4 per annum.
Upon completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship including End Point Assessment, the salary will then increase to £29,539.12
Rates will also be reviewed to ensure full compliance with the National Minimum Wage requirements.
Emerson is a large multi-national company, and all employees have access to internal vacancies as they arise and opportunities to discuss development and career routes with their manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.