We welcome you to apply to become an EYFS practitioner apprentice in our outstanding school learning environment. We are looking for one EYFS apprentices. The role involves providing a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
15 Oct 2023
07 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure the preschool /Reception classes meet Ofsted requirements at all times
- To understand and work with preschool / reception policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool / reception aims and objectives
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- Once a month sessions at Plymouth Argyle
- You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship
- As an additional qualification, you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to employment as a teaching assistant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.