We are looking for an apprentice to join our team and assist with the day-to-day running of the office support team, duties will include travel arrangements, managing fleet, updating database and spreadsheets, greeting visitors, emails, answering the phone, dealing with post and deliveries, ordering PPE/stationary and other admin tasks.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
19 Oct 2023
07 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our team based in our Bradley Stoke office. Main duties include:
- Assisting the UK Office Support Manager
- Dealing with daily post, deliveries and visitors
- Assist the Compliance Champion for the Bristol office with weekly H&S checks
- Check office stock levels with stationery and PPE and order when required
- Inbound and outbound calls
- Checking shared inboxes and action as required
- Booking travel and hotels
- Updating credit card spends with daily spends
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised
- Maintaining records/updating systems
- Formatting documents/reports
- Assisting the Office Support Team in the day-to-day management of the company Fleet Vehicles, completing various tasks
- Ordering PPE/workwear/business cards/ID cards
- Arranging couriers
- Assist other offices/departments with admin tasks as and when required
- Assist the HR/Compliance Manager in preparing for Audits
- Other Ad hoc tasks as directed by the UK Office Support Manager/Financial Controller
There are opportunities to further your career should suitable positions and or further training/qualifications be available.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- As the successful apprentice, you will undertake a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration to include the Business Administration Diploma at Level 3, and Functional Skills in maths, English at Level 2 where applicable
- The standard is assessed by a range of methods to meet all the knowledge, skills and behaviours. Evidence will be collated within a portfolio of evidence
- To achieve the full Level 3, all units of the Diploma must be passed, meeting the assessment criteria
- College attendance for the delivery of the Diploma is mandatory for all apprentices
- You will attend the Filton Campus of SGS College to complete the learning for the Diploma element of the apprenticeship and any relevant Functional Skills
- The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.