An opportunity has arisen for a person to join our team at Landau, as an apprentice Machine Operator Apprentice. As an apprentice you will develop your skills alongside qualified skilled manufacturing machine operators producing various products, including kitchen doors, complete kitchens, units, seating corners, curved timber doors.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2023
Pay reviewed regularly
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Sep 2023
07 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Setting up, running and maintaining wall saw and edge banding machine
- Manual handling and organisation of sheet stock
- Cutting panels to specifications
- Optimising cuts to reduce material wastage
- Learning the setting up of manual infeed operation on edge bander
- Carrying out general daily maintenance on machinery
- Occasional sanding and finishing of edging, once edged
- Once confidence built further into apprenticeship - Landau to arrange counterbalance fork lift licence training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Hull College will delivery the Apprenticeship Standard:
- Lean Manufacturing 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Plus functional skills in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For the right candidate there may be a full time position available on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.