SEN teaching assistant apprenticeship GREATER MANCHESTER ACADEMIES TRUST
We are looking for a new person to join our Inclusion team as a TA for KS3 students who has experience in supporting students with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) who is passionate about removing barriers to learning. You will establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
07 Oct 2023
07 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To plan and deliver targeted interventions to meet the needs of specific students
- Plan collaboratively with subject specialists aspects of support, curriculum and assessment
- Ensure effective systems of communication, including feedback about students’ learning to inform future planning
- Monitor and support the quality of provision for specified vulnerable students
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- To monitor and support student behaviour, attendance and challenge underperformance
- To identify and manage appropriate sanctions and rewards in place to support students
- To liaise with the relevant staff across school regarding referrals, interventions and sharing of information
- Use specialist skills/training/experience to support students
- Plan, coordinate and lead timetabled intervention groups and classes as appropriate
- Record interventions on Provision Map and measure the impact by producing regular reports
- Write leaning plans for key students in liaison with the student, family and relevant staff members
- Work with students, subject leaders, class teachers to maximise student opportunities for success
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant level 3 Apprenticeship Standard (SEN pathway)
- Functional Skills - Level 2 maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time role considered on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.