Teaching Assistant Apprentice (SEN) - The Ark Kings Primary School The Ark Kings Primary school
As a SEN TA, you will support pupils, parents, and teachers, to establish a supportive learning environment in which children make good academic progress, ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures and liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.5
Possible start date
07 Oct 2023
07 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support pupil learning through the delivery of specific learning programmes, setting high expectations whilst encouraging their independence and building their confidence
• Promote inclusion, encouraging pupils to interact and work collaboratively
• Work with the SENCO and other teachers to assess the needs of individual children, contribute to and implement individual education plans
• Adapt and develop resources for EAL and SEND pupils, ensuring their safety and enabling them to access the curriculum
• Assist with follow-through for related services (speech/language/physical therapy etc.)
• Mentor students on a 1:1 and group basis, as well as planning and leading a series of booster and intervention sessions to tackle difficult topics
• Observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance
• Assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery and display boards
• Assist with whole class teaching
• Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher to assist in behaviour management and to support pupils in their learning objectives
• Assist pupils' achievement outside of the classroom, e.g. computer lab, library
• Support all vulnerable children and act as key worker to students with special educational needs and social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Work with students on an individual and/or small group basis, in and out of lessons
• Plan and implementing strategies for students on the pastoral support programme, ensuring students adhere to accepted behavioural norms
• Develop resources for students with SEN support for the school
• Supervise pupils in playgrounds, lunchrooms etc and assist with general pastoral care
• Accompany teachers and pupils on trips and out of school activities as required within contract hours, taking responsibility for pupils under the supervision of the teacher
• Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
• Ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures
• Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
• Work with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice throughout the network, offering support where required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Completing the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification with LMP Education (Rated 3rd best apprentice provider in UK). You will have monthly online sessions with your allocated tutor, as all learning is delivered online in remote style for you, alongside the full time job.
You will be given approx 6 hours per week to complete studies/ coursework during your working hours too.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to be offered a full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship, however this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Ark Kings Primary school
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.