Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship at Preston School Academy, Yeovil Preston School Academy
At Preston we are looking to recruit a TA to cover both key stages (3 and 4), we have vacancies in both the ASC based and also within our mainstream school. We have a wide range of students with SEND needs that covers all of the 4 areas of SEND, as well as students who access the more specialist provision for their ASC needs. You will develop a good knowledge of pupil’s individual special educational needs and implement appropriate strategies as outlined in the students’ profile relate well to both children and adults, working with a wide range of staff and students.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
This role is term time only and therefore the advertised salary is pro-rata based on the term-time only nature of this role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
06 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a terrific Teaching Assistant with vision and drive to join our great school.
- Be kind, calm, understanding, with the ability to build positive trusting relationships with students
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Develop a good knowledge of pupil’s individual special educational needs and implement appropriate strategies as outlined in the students’ profile
- Relate well to both children and adults, working with a wide range of staff and students
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher/SENCo as agreed
- Effectively use ICT to support learning and use of other equipment/technology i.e. Microsoft Office, internet, email, use of photocopier etc.
- Have a willingness to be flexible and adaptable
We are a Business & Enterprise Academy that aspires to embody our strapline of ‘Bringing Learning to Life & Life to Learning’ for every student every day. We place a large emphasis on the development of character and personality of our students, alongside a relentless drive for improving progress in all the subjects that they study.
We aim to be GREAT in everything that we do. Our student body are wonderful to work with and visitors to the school regularly comment upon the great learning environment within the school, personified by the excellent relationships between students and staff. We firmly believe in the core BASICs that the students are asked to follow, and we recognise that teaching is made easier when students are engaged with their learning - as ours are.
Students on the SEND register at Preston School are well looked-after and cared for and we are seeking to appoint a TA to join our strong team.
We would love to receive your application if you are:
- Passionate about supporting young people and aspire for Preston School to be GREAT
- Dedicated to enhancing the learning and lives of our students
- Ambitious with high expectations of all, including yourself
- An excellent team member with the capacity to work across different subject areas within the school
- Committed to continually improving as a teaching assistant.
All applicants should ideally have some experience of working with or caring for children of a relevant age in either a paid, voluntary or domestic environment and will need to be able to show an understanding of child development and a wide range of issues concerning their education and welfare.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
- Functional Skills in English and maths Level 2 if required.
- End Point Assessment: Practical workplace observation; Q&A session; Professional Discussion
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress on to employment or Lead TA.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.