Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship at St Mark's School, Bath St. Mark's School
St Mark’s School is seeking to appoint a receptionist to provide an efficient administration service to the school. The role will also require you to undertake a range of administrative and clerical work.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
This role is term time only and therefore the advertised salary is pro-rata based on the term-time only nature of this role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
According to the requirements of the school, to undertake any of the following duties and responsibilities as directed/requested by the School Office Manager, Headteacher or other member of teaching staff.
- To assist, at the discretion of the School Office Manager, in undertaking a range of administrative functions such as the maintenance of returns, registers and pupil records, and liaison with other support staff and teaching staff as appropriate.
- To liaise with parents of pupils on administrative issues and provide other general information.
- To provide a reception service, receiving visitors in a courteous and friendly manner and receiving and checking deliveries.
- To receive telephone enquiries and calls, providing information and taking and passing on messages as appropriate.
- To assist in ensuring a safe environment within the school giving support to the School Office Manager and other staff and reporting Health and Safety issues to the Headteacher, School Office Manager or another authorised person.
- To undertake other relevant duties on the request of the Headteacher or School Office Manager.
- To undertake first duties as part of the first aid rota and administer medicine.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment: Knowledge Test; Professional
- Discussion; Presentation/Q&A
- Training will be delivered online
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The possibility for a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.