Ford Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice - Worthing DINNAGES GARAGES LIMITED
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
£172.00 per week
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
06 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day tasks will always vary, but will normally include:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Not only will apprentices be working and be trained within the garage, but they will also attend a Ford approved college four times a year for two-week periods to work towards achieving their Ford Masters Technical Certificate at standard Level 3
Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
An Allocated Skills Coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DINNAGES GARAGES LIMITED
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.