We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is eager to kickstart their career in Finance. The successful candidate will play a vital role in assisting our teams while learning all things finance. You will also gain your Level 3 AAT Qualification. You will be maintaining petty cash system, dealing with bank account reconciliations.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
06 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
At East Cheshire Hospice you will find a dynamic environment with various business areas including retail, lottery, events statutory funding, and donations which offers an excellent opportunity to gain a broad range of valuable experiences.
- Retail income processing and liaising with shop managers on queries
- Reception till reconciliations and supporting reception volunteers with till/finance queries
- Bank account reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly banking/cash courier service
- Maintaining petty cash system
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and depreciation postings
- Reconciling investment reports and maintaining deposit account records
- Provide cover for/assistance to other Finance Team members as deemed appropriate by the Finance Manager, to meet departmental requirements. This will cover both income and purchase ledger processing
- Supporting with group mailboxes, dealing with correspondence arriving in the Finance Department, sort and distribute to the relevant staff member as appropriate
- Answering the telephone and deal professionally with enquiries
- Deal appropriately with all visitors to the Finance Office
- General office duties as necessary including photocopying, ordering office stationery, filing and archiving
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will achieve a Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship, you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full-time positions within the business.
Progression on to the Level 4 AAT.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Essential
About the employer
Maxim Business Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.